Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dow Forecast for 3/4/10


Well, yesterday's forecast proved correct, just. But what an interesting chart pattern we're seeing. Check out this daily Dow chart. A double shooting star. I went back over the daily chart for 12 years and didn't find anything like this. Today's pattern is even longer than yesterday's. Right now (5:15 PM EST), I will make the call that tomorrow will close lower again, with a fairly high degree of confidence, on this basis alone. And that the decline will be greater than today's 9 point loss. I'll update this post later on tonight when the Night Owl comes out.

12:45 AM Update: All three US futures (ES, NQ, and YM) have turned decisively lower as the evening wears on. Also, the VIX put in a doji after falling for five days straight. This tends to reinforce my earlier opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.