Monday, March 22, 2010

Performance Update

Many people post market forecasts. Even more like to tell us why what's going on is going on. But hardly anyone ever tells you how they themselves are actually doing. So I will.

As of last week, my trading account is up 6.57% year-to-date. I like to benchmark my performance against the Dow, and that is up 2.97% YTD. So I'm beating the Dow by a factor of a bit more than two so far this year, which I consider to be a respectable number. My daily win/loss ratio (number of days I make money compared to number of days I lose money) is 2.12. I am also 28% in cash right now.

The whole issue of performance metrics is actually worthy of a post or two itself. I'll try to write something about that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.