Thursday, November 18, 2010

Downtrend Broken

When I posted my 1 AM update last night, I was expecting an up day today. I was rewarded beyond my expectations, to the tune of +1.76%. That certainly helped take the sting out of the miserable day I had on Tuesday. Today's 173 point gain was so big it took us clear to the top edge of the descending RTC channel in one day. According my RTC method, this is only a bullish setup, not a trigger, but because the indicators are all looking so bullish, I am now turning the short term swing trend arrow from red to green. I believe that the downtrend established on 11/08 is now over. I put my long hat on late last night; it remains on for tomorrow.

Trades

Today I found a new name to add to my low price/high yield basket: ANH, Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation, yet another REIT. It is currently yielding an impressive 13.35%. I bought it at 6.88 today and it closed at 6.89. Overall, the basket is performing nicely.

I am tickled over having been able to get some JRO the other day. It added another 7 cents today and looks to have still plenty of room to run. It's now yielding 6.61%, but keep in mind that it pays that monthly, not quarterly. I bought some for my IRA too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.