Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Further gains likely to wrap up May

Tomorrow is not only the last day of the month, but also the first trading day after Memorial Day, and a Tuesday.  That's a historically bullish triple play.  And the futures seem to be agreeing.  Right now at 2:30 AM EDT all three (ES, NQ, and YM) are up by about two thirds of a percent, one of the highest overnight readings I've seen in quite some time.  And equally important, this move brings ES above the top of a month long descending regression trend channel.  That is a bullish setup.

Also, oil continues to move in tandem with the market and it is inching higher, back over $100, in the overnight.

The only dissenter is the VIX which put in a hammer last Friday to close at 15.98.  However, I do not attach as much importance to this as I usually might, since last Friday's action was distorted by the upcoming holiday weekend.  All said and done, I'm pretty confident we're going higher tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.