Friday, September 2, 2011

Ugly week over, more downside to come

Recap

Last night I called the market down today and it sure was, with the Dow ending the day with a dismal 253 point loss following equally dismal jobs news.  Will a bull-bear ratio of 2:13 last night, it wasn't exactly a surprise.

Unfortunately, next week's not looking much better right now.  And I'm increasingly pessimistic about the outlook for September as a whole.  More details on that over the weekend.

Trades

I exited my SDS trade from yesterday's close at 23.90 today for a nice 84 cent profit.  I also covered my now two day long ES Fantasy Trader short at1180.25 for a 22.25 point profit.  I took some heat on this one the first day but patience paid off in the end.

With 10 contracts that comes to $11,125.  Portfolio total now $133,625 after 8 trades (6 wins and 2 losses) since inception.  Here's the trade:

SLD    10    ES    false    SEP11 Futures     1202.50    USD    GLOBEX    AUG 30 19:54:35
BOT    10    ES    false    SEP11 Futures     1180.25    USD    GLOBEX    11:05:33

The next ESFT trade will be Monday evening.

1 comment:

  1. You bet I've seen them. Wow. This is a bearish identical three crows pattern. It has a very good success rate. I think we're headed for a retest of the August lows at 1123. Looks like we are in fact in for more downside. I'm now sorry I sold my SDS on Friday :-(

    ReplyDelete

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.