Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday higher

The Hoot 
Actionable ideas for the busy trader delivered daily right up front
  • Friday higher.
  • ES pivot 1917.42.  Holding above is bullish.
  • Next week bias uncertain technically.
  • Monthly outlook: bias lower.
  • Single stock trader: VZ now a speculative swing trade buy.
Recap

It's good I discounted the general bullish tone of the charts last night because of a warning from the futures as the Dow sank another 79 on Thursday.  Tonight I'm in the same spot as two days ago.  I spent all day  dealing with my dog who had surgery yesterday.  It all went well and now she's back home and resting comfortably.  But I never had any time to put together the usual post.  This time though I did manage to do some analysis so tonight you get Night Owl Lite - no gab, just the bottom line.

The technicals

...skipped...

Accuracy: 

Month    right  wrong  no call  conditional  batting   Dow
                                             average  points
January    8      6       4           1       0.563    627
February   6      4       5           3       0.692    183
March      7      6       5           4       0.647    976
April      3      8       7           0       0.273      1
May        6      5       5           2       0.615    581
June       8      6       3           4       0.706    552
July      10      1       5           4       0.938   1212
August    10      2       3           2       0.857   2314

September  5      3       7           1       0.667   1102


     And the winner is...

It's looking to me like we're now at a reversal point and that seems to be supported by the futures so I'm going to go way out on a limb and call Friday higher.  That's all she barely managed to write.  See you again Sunday night!

Single Stock Trader

VZ is now a buy for the adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.