Monday, May 3, 2010

The Name Game

Nothing impresses people more than the ability to rattle off a company's name given its stock symbol (or the other way around). I'm not sure why, but they think you must be a real stock picking expert if you can do that. Now there's thousands of different symbols so it would be pretty hard to learn them all. But there's a much easier exercise: can you name all the single-letter stocks? There's only 19 of them - seven of the letters are not in use.

And there's even an online quiz you can take, here:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/MikeSang/single_letter_stocks

It's pretty cool. The quiz even ranks your score compared to how others have done. So how to you stack up? I managed to name 7 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.