Friday, October 15, 2010

Gold Gone Gaga

Well everyone else is talking about gold, so I might as well too. I'm not going to try to call the top but I am going to offer a few observations I've made recently.

1. You hardly see any of those "we buy gold" ads on TV anymore. In fact, recently I've started seeing ads from places that want to sell gold to you. Hmmm...

2. There was a piece on CNBC recently about some company in Europe that's going to bring gold vending machines to the US. That's right, stick in, well I suppose a credit card (I don't think anyone carries enough quarters to buy any visible amount of gold) and out pops a chunk of the shiny stuff. Hmmm...

3. They're even selling gold at the gun show now, of all places. Yes, last weekend, to my surprise, right there amongst the Glocks, the AR's, and the shotguns, was a table with someone selling gold. (I guess at least there, security is not an issue). Hmmm...

4. Today, AUY (Yamana Gold), my favorite gold play, fell out of its ascending RTC channel, indicating that the trend is over. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.