Friday, November 5, 2010

April resistance breached

Wow. After today's 220 point pop in the Dow, I'm certainly glad I had my long hat on. In fact, this gain was so great that it completely moved above the RTC I had started yesterday and made me rethink the past week's action. Therefore, I've gone back to the uptrend that started at the end of August.
It looks like we are now solidly in a continuation of that pattern. Today's action blew the doors off the stubborn April resistance level of 11,258 with its close at 11,435. It also looks like the third time was the charm after the two previous failed attempts on 10/25 and 11/1. Next resistance isn't until 11,917. The uptrend remains in force, though I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a bit of consolidation tomorrow after such a dramatic move today.

No trades today - I was busy with other obligations that kept me away from my screens. I was gratified to see everything I owned up nicely when I returned, including CIM which recouped almost all of its losses yesterday and returned me to a profit position. LOW also continues to move up. I plan on letting this one run a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.