Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Uptrend confirmed

Yesterday I wrote
[I'm] looking for more upside over the next few days.
Well we sure got it today with an 83 point gain in the Dow. This number took us right back to the top of the RTC going back to the beginning of last December. Yesterday's bearish setup is now completely off the table. This is the value of the RTC - it keeps you from getting faked out by the sort of incremental declines we saw in the three days before the last two. My long hat is now pulled down over my ears. That said, after today's gains I'm not looking for much more tomorrow and would not be surprised to see a bit of a pullback.

Trades

Today I bought some more AOD AT 6.09 for my low price/high yield portfolio. The LP/HY portfolio has been doing great and has returned over 15% in capital appreciation since I started it last summer, in addition to its 10%+ average yield.

I also took a speculative flyer in Windstream (WIN) at 13.35. We'll see if that can blow some profits my way. Finally, the Intel (INTC) I bought last week has started to move the right direction, closing up 1.2% at 21.30 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.