Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wrong on the Dow, right on silver

Well, turns out I was very wrong about the general market direction today.  I really wasn't expecting an advance today, much less such a strong advance.  But I was very right about SLV.  It closed at 44.03, down $1.80 today (though it recovered to 44.96 in the after hours).  I will now be waiting for signs of a turnaround to get back in.  Look at the chart again - yesterday was about as classic a textbook top as you're ever going to see.

Other than that, there's not much to say tonight.  The technicals are now looking strong for tomorrow, but with a Fed announcement and Uncle Ben giving a speech there's way too much uncertainly for me to try and make a call.  Tomorrow will be mainly news-driven, not technically.  I'll mostly be watching and waiting.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.