Thursday, October 30, 2014

Update

Just a quick update tonight.  My main PC is now back and running better than ever.  I now have four times the disk space, faster drives, and a RAID-1 array which is good insurance against a drive failure.

The bad news is that it took a lot longer than expected, partly because they didn't even start working on it until Tuesday afternoon.  Then we learned I needed a new power supply.  Then we found that the fan on the graphics card was dead.  Finding a new fan proved to be easier than a new graphics card, since I'm running dual DVI displays and for some unknown reason, all the new cards now come with only one DVI and one HDMI port.

Bottom line, I didn't get any work done on Wednesday.  Normal publication of The Night Owl resumes Thursday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.