Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Looking for higher

As I thought it might, today the VIX respected its support level and closed higher. Oddly enough, stocks closed higher too, with the Dow gaining an impressive 69 points. This is certainly unusual. I think right now we're in one of those situations where the operative motto is "don't fight the tape".

With all three futures up right now at 2:10 AM EST by just over 0.1%, no meaningful near-term overhead resistance in the Dow, no decline in volume today, no big economic news coming out tomorrow, no new global calamities in the news (at least right now), mostly good earnings being reported, and the Dow still running near the top of its rising regression trend channel, I just have to leave my long hat on for tomorrow.

Trades

I used some of the proceeds from yesterday's sale of SPIL to get back into HIMX today at 2.58. It closed at 2.62 and looks to be going higher. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.