Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday lower

The Hoot 
Actionable ideas for the busy trader delivered daily right up front
  • Monday lower.
  • ES pivot 2045.00.  Holding above is bullish
  • Rest of week bias uncertain technically.
  • Monthly outlook: bias lower.
  • Single stock trader: VZ looking lower.
Recap

I wasn't quite sure about last Friday.  It did look to me like we were running out of gas but I ended up calling it uncertain.  The resulting 141 point red marubozu wasn't quite the doji I was expecting but it was a bearish sign anyway.  Tonight I find myself running short on time so we're going to have another of my famous Reader's Digest Condensed Night Owls.  Less for me to write, less for you to read.  I did the research, I'm just not writing abut every chart.  We'll get back on track Monday night.

The technicals

ES daily pivot: Tonight the ES daily pivot falls again from 2045.00 to 2049.58. After falling below the new pivot this indicator now turns bearish.

Accuracy: 

Month    right  wrong  no call  conditional  batting   Dow
                                             average  points

January    8      3       2           1       0.750
   1054


     And the winner is...

We had some bearish signs in the charts last Friday and that direction got a big boost from Sunday's Greek elections.  It seems the Greeks now want to welsh on their debts raising again the specter of the dreaded Grexit and the subsequent unraveling of the euro.  Personally I think the handwriting has been on this particular wall for a while now.  But Europe seems to prefer pulling the bandaid off agonizingly slowly instead of just getting it over with with one sharp yank.    Either way, the situation over there isn't looking too encouraging.

Uh where was I?  Oh yes, I'm calling Monday lower.

Single Stock Trader

VZ looks continued bearish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some people who just won't honor my request not to post spam on my blog, I have had to re-enable comment moderation. Comments may take up to 24 hour to appear, depending on when they're made. Sorry about that.